Monday 14 December 2015

The second day of bookmas!

On the second day of bookmas my true love gave to me, 2 awful endings:



The first book I chose was Paper Towns by John Green. I was so excited to start reading this, because I had heard so many good things about it, and I really enjoyed The Fault in our Stars. I was very disappointed. I felt like the book was dragged out for WAY too long, and I think the only bit I enjoyed about this book was the road trip. It was incredibly slow paced, and so once I finished reading it, and found out what happened at the end, I almost wished that I hadn't bothered in the first place. I'm definitely not saying you shouldn't read it, because so many people loved this book, it just wasn't for me.





The last book I chose was Night World by L.J.Smith - Secret Vampire in particular. I bought this book because I really liked her other series, The Morganville Vampires. I had also read a free sample of the book, and it seemed pretty good. I was wrong. I thought the writing was terrible, and the characters were completely unrealistic. It was made even worse by the fact that I refused to give up on it, and decided to read the whole thing. Even though it is only 195 pages long, it dragged on so much, and I ended up in a HUGE reading slump afterwards.









This one was actually quite hard for me, as I tend to really like the books I read- I guess I must just be really lucky; I know so many people who have a whole list of books they don't like! I realise that I also kind of cheated, because these are books that I didn't like, rather than books with bad endings, but as i said, it was so hard to find even two books I didn't like!

11 days 'till christmas!

~ Chey xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment